Sunday, August 23, 2009

Riverside & The Climb

Another successful weekend in Oz!! This weekend has, by far, been THE most fun weekend since I have been here. And the irony of it is that we didn't think that we would be doing much of anything... boy were we wrong.

Saturday we decided to walk down to the river behind the school. The walk only took about 20 or so minutes. Down by the river there is a rope swing and plenty of room to just jump in and enjoy the water. Of course I was a little weirded out by all of the creatures that could be found in this river.. you know standard stuff like freshys (freshwater crocodiles), eels and snapper turtles. I finally got enough courage to jump in off of the tree (with a little encouragement from my friend Sarah ;)... It was def. worth it!! The water was really warm and it felt REALLY good to let go...



We all went back to the dorms a little later. The next plan was to hike up castle hill downtown. At first I didn't really want to go because I was pretty tired, but I am glad that I did!! The climb up was pretty rough and rather difficult. But we made it! The view was absolutely gorgeous! And we got up there just in time to catch a wedding and the sunset.. both of which were very pretty sights!







Once we got back from the hike we all got ready for the nighttime activity. I thought that we would have ended up going out, but we didnt.. and i dont think that anyone was upset that we didnt. We just hung out around campus and played various games and talked and had a really GREAT time.. it wont be a forgotten night, for most of us, and thats for sure.. and an even more memorable weekend!!!

until next time,
kiara

No comments:

Post a Comment