Sunday, August 9, 2009

Kegs on the Lawn

I don't think that I have a picture to put up for this one, but I wish I did.

Yesterday we were harassed at 6am to wake up and run a track that was 6km. We had already heard that they were going to do this to us, but I think that in the back of my mind I didn't really believe that they were going to do it. So picture this: full moon party on Magnetic Island and we got back around 3 or 4am, then they come around and BANG on doors, set off door alarms, and sing university hall chants. So I decided to go ahead and get up just in case I wanted to head to kegs on the lawn. So a few of my friends got up as well. Some people ran the course, but we walked it (it was like 7am). Afterwards, we went to brekkie and then it was about time for kegs on the lawn. I must say that Saturday afternoon will definitely stay in my most fun days for a LOOOOONG time.

Since we went to cross country in the morning it was only 10 dollars for us to get in. But ten dollars got you all the goon (box wine), and/or beer that you wanted for 5 or so hours. Which is NOT a bad deal anywhere! After a while, we started playing beer pong and people were being thrown in and out of the pool. Then some guys made a slip-and-slide out of trash bags and soap. The slip and slide turned into a big mud pool after a while. And of course people started jumping in. Although it sounds really gross and not as fun now that I am writing about it... but let me assure you that it was a BLAST!!!! Of course the mud got all in my hair and ears, and nose, and probably every open orifice that I have, but it was SOOO worth it! The showers after that were incredibly disgusting!

All in all, not a bad afternoon!!!!

Till next time,
Kiara

PS: Pictures finally surfaced from kegs on the lawn via facebook... here it is... I am SOMEWHERE in the mix...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment