Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In Between Trips

Once again I have fallen a bit behind on blogging. But I assure you that October has been a VERY busy month!

My Birthday:

I would say that my birthday went very well. The 13th was a BEAUTIFUL day.. as it always is.. and it began very well. I woke up and went to lunch (I always wake up late on Tuesdays). When I came back from lunch, my door had a surprise on it:



I really LOVE the letters!

But I unfortunately had to go to class since it was a Tuesday. After class was over, I was getting ready for dinner when I got a knock on my door. It was Cara, Erica, and Alex who each brought me something:



I was very surprised about getting gifts! After we got all dressed.. we went to dinner at the Seaview Hotel Steakhouse. The food was AWESOME! I got a steak with a green peppercorn sauce, chips and salad. Here's a pic just in case you were hungry ;)



After dinner.. it was time for dessert! My friends bought me a cake that said "Happy Birthday Kiara" however, during the ride to the restaurant, the Kiara part was squished in Erica's purse. Kinda funny if you ask me, but the most important thing is that thoght and effort was DEFINITELY there! Plus the cake was absolutely delicious! it was a standard bday cake, but with WHIPPED icing! (my favorite!)



Once we left the restaurant, we went down to Flinders Street for a night on the town. First stop was Mad Cow where the DJ announced my birthday and we took advantage of the $2 drink special ;). Next up was Cactus Jack's, just in time for the $3 dollar Corona's. Needless to say that we had a GREAT time =)





Ice Skating:

Once a random Friday night, a couple of friends invited me to go ice skating. So, of course I said yes. We got all geared up and took a taxi over to the ice rink. When we walked into the rink, our mouths dropped. Not only were we the oldest people there, but we also filled the rink. No doubt, the smallest rink I have ever seen:



Although the rink was small, we still had a GREAT time!









There was also a contest to see who could run around the rink the fastest without shoes or socks! Most of the contestants were younger kids, but a few of our group entered and WON! It was really fun to watch our friends act so silly.. especially in his pink shorts and ultra tight black tank top:





If your wondering if I fell, I made it to the VERY end, and tried to do a fancy stop when I fell on my way off the ice! Just my luck =)



Jet skiing:

That Sunday Cara and I were at the right place at the right time, when Dave asked us at breakfast if we wanted to go jet skiing. So we jumped up and ran to get dressed! We got to the beach where we would be jet skiing and decided to lay out for a bit. Meanwhile, I was waiting on my turn to jet ski when they came up to shore being towed in by another jet ski. Unfortunately, while tubing, the rope got caught into the motor and wound up very tightly. We tried for a long time to get the rope out, but nothing that we tried would work.

Instead, we got fish and chips and ate it on the beach. I was still a great time as I was around tons of funny people and I got to make new friends. Hopefully I will have the opportunity again!

Until next time,
Kiara

Go Uni Hall!

No comments:

Post a Comment